Sunday, December 13, 2009

Journal Day Four

I have been so busy, that my journal has suffered. The good news is that my list is almost finished. I’m down to one juxtaposition essay (though it’s almost finished), two lit posting comments (but no one has posted yet, so there’s nothing there for me to comment on, going to be really pissed if I have to stay up till midnight waiting), my critical essay for lit (in the work), and my A+P research paper (research done; just need to put it to paper). Still have 2 more classes to teach this week and 5 nights to work, but that’s okay. So tonight, I’m settled in listening to the rain, happy with what I have accomplished and not overly stressed about what I have left to do. Still dreaming about what I’d rather be doing though. As I sit here listening to the rain, I can picture a cabin on a lake. The rain would be okay. But the temperature needs to be at least 40 to 50 degrees warmer. A small fire in the fireplace, a collection of romantic comedies to while the night away with and cold Woodchuck Hard Cider in my hand. No clocks, no calendars, no commitments. I wouldn’t want it to last forever but at least long enough to be truly relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Bulmer's Woodpecker much more than the Woodchuck Cider! Plus I've walked through the Bulmer's orchards in apple blossom time. Like you, I wouldn't mind being somewhere else right about now....

    ReplyDelete