Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Journal Day Three

Journal Day Three

What a miserable miserable day! Even the storm couldn’t cooperate, it couldn’t start early enough to get a snow day, but oh no we had to get out just long enough so that I could get side swiped on the way home by someone trying to pass on the right, none the less, what were they thinking? Not hurt and minimal damage is the up side. Then I get to drive all night in this miserable crap, I’m sure someone will need an ambulance somewhere. My to-do list is dwindling though; first A+P paper done, with the second one almost there. Nothing to paper for my last 162 essay, but at least there are ideas bouncing around in my head. I’m starting to feel like I can breathe again, but still dreaming of what I could be doing instead. This snow certainly makes my fantasy today much bigger than looking at Christmas lights. Instead of going to work tonight, think I’ll hop on my private jet, with Dom Perignon flowing freely. Off to St. Marteen I go. Beaches as far as I can walk, water 88 degrees and green as cat’s eyes. Lawn chair, umbrella drinks served by personal waiter, conch fritters for lunch. End the day by watching the sunset from my villa on the hillside while having exotic fruits and beverages served by a new cabana boy. Now, if I can come up with the private jet, I’m sure I can pull off the rest of the fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. So, this journal is shaping up to be journal of the race to the end of the semester or of the distance between reality and fantasy....

    That storm was a pretty nice jolt of reality, eh? I'm off to clear snow in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete