Monday, December 7, 2009

Journal Day One

Journal Day One:

So many things going on now, how am I going to fit them all in? I am truly a procrastinator, but if I don’t do a time budget, time line, whatever you want to call it I am going to be screwed. I have a take home A + P final that is the equivalent of 500 questions, has to be done by Thursday. Still need to do two posts and a critical essay for Literature by Sunday. Three papers for A + P, two short ones by Thursday and one long one by Sunday. One more juxtaposition story and journal postings for Creative Non-fiction that I really want to have done by Friday. That’s it for schoolwork, but wait I have to work to. Damn the fact bills need to be paid and cars need gas. I’m teaching Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and working on the truck Wednesday and Thursday night. Oh yea, there’s the Christmas party I need to go to Friday night, don’t really want to but my damn sense of responsibility won’t let me say no. What I’d really rather be doing tonight then all this damn homework is making a stop at the Wine Cellar, browsing, touching bottles and reading labels. Then I’d like to go home, cook some fantastic seafood concoction for dinner, and enjoy it with a nice glass of wine from the bottle I indulged on. Follow that with a bubbly tubby, some candles and another glass of that wine. A book of my choice (something trashy with zero educational value), cuddled up in my pink footie jammies with another glass of wine to end the evening. Oh what a fabulous night that will be if only in my fantasies.

1 comment:

  1. That description of a perfect evening is pretty reasonable--I mean it's not vintage champagne, the sex object of your choice, and a moonlight massage on a balcony high above Acapulco Bay.... I bet that sometime before 12/31 your very modest fantasy will come true!

    ReplyDelete