Friday, January 23, 2009

Graf 4 Unique

I am a short and quite large (no, not pleasingly plump, just downright fat) woman. I have a killer smile, I'm not too modest to tell you it will light up a room. I have a biological mother, who was just that and had a stepmother who was my father's wife. I have one biological brother and sister, one half brother, and six stepbrothers and stepsisters. I even have a stepsister named Sally, talking about taking the fun OUT of dysfunctional. I have a Dad I love, and who I know loves me, but wish he would demonstrate or say it occasionally. I have a daughter I love endlessly, but will freely admit, there are times I do not like her. I am the grandmother to two little boys and wish I had more time to spend with them. I love being a grandmother, age does not scare me. Pink is my absolutely favorite color. When I open my closet to get dressed, it pukes pink. Music is my passion, not particular about the style as long as I like it. I grew up in a small coastal town that is beautiful (now that I am in my 40's), that I couldn't wait to get out of. I was in the in-crowd in high school and a bad girl when I got out. I have been to bike week and was the ultimate biker chick. Tattoos and naked pictures prove it. Followed a loser boyfriend all over the East Coast drag racing Harley's for a while. I have been married, divorced, and oh my God "lived in sin." Even put some time in an orange jumpsuit at the local crowbar hotel. I have lived the good middle class life, and at times had a dollar in my pocket to make it through the week. I have waitressed, done office work, cleaned and cooked for people, and held people's life in my hands. I was in my very late 30's before I grew up and finally figured out who and what I wanted from life, but I wouldn't change the thing that came before. That's what makes it so sweet now.

1 comment:

  1. "I have a biological mother, who was just that and had a stepmother who was my father's wife." Nice, dry lines--easy to let material like that take over but you keep it on its leash.

    As I read on, I see that's no fluke: plenty of history, but in the writing no self-pity, no attitudes, no long explanations. Just very down to earth, simply stated material with a dash of humor an dthe reader is left satisfied.

    ReplyDelete