Friday, February 6, 2009

Why does he have to post such good stuff? I will never be able to write something that good, and my slightly competitive nature will obsess over it. Will those of us who write only mediocre stuff be able to write just one thing during the course of this class that compares? I really want to write that one thing that makes him think maybe she got it. I think I have it in me, the thought process is there, but putting it to paper (or a keyboard) is the ultimate challenge. Does he post it as the bar to be met or make the brain cells kick it up a notch? Does he realize I could spend all my time reading these essays and forget that I am actually supposed to write something? Was it his plan for me to wonder how the little girl in the love essay suffered due to the selfishness of her fathers' girlfriend? Does he know that soon we are going to have to make a decision about with to do with my Dad's house and the essay about driving by the house someone grew up in would make me think about this problem a little differently? He seems a little unorthodox and maybe even a bit crafty, so it wouldn't surprise me. Any way, if you figure it out just let me know. I will be waiting (not patiently, if you hadn't guessed) for the answer.

1 comment:

  1. "Was it his plan for me to wonder how the little girl in the love essay suffered due to the selfishness of her fathers' girlfriend?"

    The little girl went on to be a successful student and athlete at Bangor High and then on to an equally successful college career and marriage. The wicked witch graduated from UM but died an early death from breast cancer.

    It's not as if anyone promised that everything was always going to make sense.

    I very much enjoyed your questions and all that bounce and juice. I do try to be crafty but I don't want you to be so overawed that your give up hope before you've even punched the clock!

    What if this were most of the opening graf of a cause essay on why writing was darn near impossible for you?

    ReplyDelete