Thursday, March 5, 2009

For my entire adult life I have saved momentos from any occasion I thought was special. It didn't have to be a huge life altering event, I saved any and everything I thought was special. Some are from big moments, such as my daughters' perfect attendance award in the 4th grade to her graduation from high school and all the events in between. The majority of these saved items though, came from seemingly insignificant events to anyone but me. A swizzle stick from a bar where I had so much fun I laughed till I peed myself, the movie ticket stub from the first time I went to the movies alone, or a picture of two eagles in the nest across form my house. No one else might care about these things but I do. In 30 plus years, I have accumulated quite a collection, you might imagine. Suitcases and boxes are home to this collection that represents my life.

A few years ago I decided I wanted to make this collection more presentable, something I could share with others, especially my grandchildren. Initially, I bought a few photo albums and tried putting some of the things in that, but it was tacky looking. About that same time, the scrap booking craze began. I kept thinking, I should buy a magazine, take a class, or do something to learn to scrapbook. But life kept getting in the way and more things got added to the suitcase. Then one of my friends had a scrapbooking party and I saw what could really be accomplished. Some of them were beautiful and they can be made uniquely for any person or occasion. I could make a page or two at a time, then leave it and come back to it whenever. My determination to learn to scrap book became even stronger after attending that party.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I may have suggestions later, as the first three sections develop, but nothing comes to mind today.

    ReplyDelete