Sunday, March 29, 2009

I-Search What

What I already know about scrap booking is pretty nominal. To get started, I will need at a minimum, to buy supplies. I suspect this can be as inexpensive or as costly as I wish to make it. I know there are classes available to take, and given my lack of artistic ability, foresee this as a must for me. There is a lot to be said for learning from someone who knows what they are doing already. Trying to teach myself could become quite frustrating, given my lack of patience. Researching other peoples’ successes and failures will hopefully help me make this decision. Space is where I may run into a true problem. My apartment does not afford me a good sized well lit place to lay everything out and leave it. My house does, but I don’t get there often enough to be able to put any meaningful time into this. Not being able to have a workspace dedicated to this, means I will have to pack and unpack every time I want to make a new page. For me, this will be a deterrent. Through my research, I am hoping to find an alternative to the space issue that exists.

Design options can be overwhelming from what I’ve already seen. The question for me will be, do I choose the topic, then the design, or do I look at designs, and hope they lead me to the flow of the topic. That ties in with the individual pages; can I plan a page at a time or should the whole book be thought out ahead? I know I can have different books working at the same time, but will working on one interfere with the topic or design of the other. I am in hopes that through my research I will find direction in the best route to choose.

Preservation of the scrapbooks is very important to me. I do not want to put all the time and effort into a product that is not going to endure. I have seen different materials advertised with varying longevity factors. This is probably going to require a lot of research, as I have no knowledge in this area at all. I have no idea about paper quality, adhesive materials, or any of the other staple items required to build a scrapbook. I anticipate that research can help m answer these questions.

1 comment: